Sales Account Manager
Posted on: October 27, 2020
Division: Semiconductor (SICERA®)
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
SCAI Sales Account Managers manage the customer experience and ensure that customer product and service needs are met through proper solution specifications. They manage the entire sales process from start to finish (from initial inquiry through after sales care), act as the voice of the customer to escalate problems (inside and outside of SCAI) and drive prioritization of business needs.
Qualified candidates are experts when it comes to building strong relationships with strategic customers. They are able to identify needs and requirements in order to promote our company’s solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction. This is a roll-up-your sleeves and get your hands dirty type of role; SCAI Account Managers are regularly involved with every facet of account management.
Qualified candidates have at least five (5) years of customer facing sales experience selling to major semi-conductor customers, a proven track record providing solutions based on customer needs, STELLAR communication, proven ability to influence and direct sales experience managing global accounts with a book of business averaging at least $15M in revenue per year in a semi-conductor environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where communicating and problem solving are essential to meeting the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (ideally in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering), Sales, or Business from an accredited four-year college or university and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years customer-facing sales experience selling to major semi-conductor customers; must have a proven track record of providing solutions based on customer needs.
- Direct Sales experience managing global customer accounts with a book of business averaging at least $15M in revenue per year in a semi-conductor environment.
- Solid understanding of the sales process and value selling, as well as proven business analysis skills.
- Ability to consistently understand product applications in the customer’s environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and project management/planning skills. Understands full scope of issues; sets objectives and meets deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated presentation and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours as business needs dictate.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office proficiency are required: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email and calendar)
- Above average and demonstrated customer service, organizational and communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) are required. Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak clearly in English and interface effectively with internal and external customers
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment where communicating and problem solving are essential to meeting the customer’s needs and expectations on a regular basis.
- Proven ability to influence and maintain positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to actively listen and use information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- Ability & willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%).
- Ability to pass a personal background check and/or clearance at time of hire, and as required by our customers.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
About the SHI Cryogenics Group and Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc.
SHI Cryogenics Group, an integral part of the Precision Equipment Division of Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd., is a leading worldwide provider of innovative cryogenic and vacuum solutions to the medical, semiconductor, flat panel, general coating and research industries. With offices in Asia, Europe and the United States, it has been producing quality cryogenic equipment for over 50 years. SHI’s renowned engineering departments continue to focus on the latest cryogenic and vacuum technologies, including innovative cryopump and cryocooler designs. Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. (“SCAI”) is the North American Division of the SHI Cryogenics Group, focusing on design, manufacturing, sales and service with its corporate office in Allentown, PA, and additional locations in Illinois, California, and Texas.
Benefits of Working for SCAI
- Competitive Salary
- Growing Co with a GREAT culture that genuinely values our employees
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits (well above industry norms)
- Excellent Benefits Package (including 401k with Match, Paid Holidays, Discount Program)
- Excellent Training & Development Benefits
- Unlimited Career Growth Opportunity (great place to learn and grow your career)
Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran/military status.
Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. is a proud sponsor of the Lehigh Valley Section of the Society of Women Engineers – SWE Scholarship Fund.
Search Firms & Recruiters – Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this position.