Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on: February 27, 2023
Location: Allentown, PA
Reports to: New Product Engineering Manager
This position is an excellent opportunity for a qualified engineering professional to work and help to analyze, design, develop, and test new cryogenic helium refrigeration products; improve existing products to meet or exceed customers’ expectations, to be the market leader in high quality, reliability, and performance.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with demonstrated success performing in a multi-faceted environment.
Qualification and Requirements
- BS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with 7+ years of relevant work experience or MS in Electrical Engineering (or related discipline) with 5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of electrical diagrams, wiring schematics, electrical and electronic circuits, printed circuit boards and processes and electrical components (motors, transformers, etc.)
- Advanced programming skills using National Instruments LabView
- Knowledge of electrical safety requirements and testing
- Experience in failure analysis, troubleshooting and testing electrical circuits, equipment and controls and debugging software
- Experience in using power meters, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, hi-pot testers, insulation resistance testers, power supplies, etc.
- Ability to develop concepts, design production test processes and equipment including instrumentation and data acquisition.
- Ability to write instructions & troubleshooting guides for how to use software programs, user interfaces and control systems
- Ability to prepare engineering technical reports on design, analysis, and product design concepts
- Ability to plan, develop, and execute test programs for qualification of components and prototypes
- Ability to analyze test data and write test reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment
Beneficial Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of Electrical code and regulatory standards such as UL, IEC, RoHS and NEC.
- Experience in design of electrical equipment, circuits and control systems that comply with applicable safety standards
- Experience in developing computer code including graphic user interfaces for applications and systems in C and C++
- Knowledge of cryogenic products, vacuum systems and their applications.
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills to real world engineering problems and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Ability to work through challenges independently
- Good mechanical aptitude/hands-on skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with a willingness to make written and/or oral presentations.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide technical direction to designers, suppliers and technicians
- Understand and uphold safety & security procedures for both the workplace and products
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good project management skills and understanding of critical tasks needed to successfully complete a project in a timely manner. Labor, material and/or construction costs estimation for budget preparation purposes
- Ability to multi-tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to provide engineering support to Production, Service and Sales staff as well as customers.
About Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc.
SHI Cryogenics Group, an integral part of the Precision Equipment Division of Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd., is a leading worldwide provider of innovative cryogenic and vacuum solutions to the medical, semiconductor, flat panel, general coating and research industries. With offices in Asia, Europe and the United States, it has been producing quality cryogenic equipment for over 60 years. SHI’s renowned engineering departments continue to focus on the latest cryogenic and vacuum technologies, including innovative cryopump and cryocooler designs. Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. (“SCAI”) is the North American Division of the SHI Cryogenics Group, focusing on design, manufacturing, sales and service with its corporate office in Allentown, PA, and additional locations in Illinois, California, and Texas. For additional information, visit www.shicryogenics.com.
Benefits of Working for SCAI
- Competitive Pay and Total Compensation Package
- Comprehensive and EXCELLENT [above industry norms] Healthcare, Dental, Group Term Life and Disability Benefits Programs
- Group Retirement (401k and Roth) Plans (with Company Match)
- An inclusive culture that genuinely values and appreciates employees.
- Opportunities for growth, development, and internal promotion (Above average Training and Development Benefits).
- Unlimited Career Growth Opportunity (great place to learn and grow your career)
Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran/military status.
Search Firms & Recruiters – Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this position.