Manufacturing Mechanic – Material Handler
Posted on: October 27, 2020
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Hours: Monday – Friday 6:50 am – 2:50 pm; overtime during the week and/or on weekends as needed.
SCAI is a leading manufacturer of cryogenic equipment used in the global MRI market. Due to growth, we seek a reliable, detail oriented material handler that works well in teams and has strong problem solving abilities. The qualified individual must have the ability to multi-task, follow verbal and written instructions in English, interpret (read) and work from blue prints. Previous experience in material handling responsibilities in a production environment is preferred however not required.
SCAI Material Handlers perform multiple duties to prepare, process and ship materials in a timely and accurate manner in a fast paced environment; qualified individual is detail oriented. Finished product ships world-wide so a quality mind set is key to success.
This is an hourly paid position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement; position requires sustained membership in the Union upon successful completion of probationary period.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing or production environment is a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to actively listen, understand and effectively communicate and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to read and work from a blue print as well as interpret assembly drawings, safely follow manufacturing procedures and verbal instructions.
- Ability to multitask and self-prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties.
- Ability to work both individually and in an established team setting;
- Consistent ability to report to work on time and work scheduled hours.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Previous forklift experience preferred.
- Previous experience in material handling responsibilities in a production environment preferred but not required.
- Ability to pass a personal background check and/or clearance at time of hire and as required by Customers is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Required Physical Requirements
- This position is very active and requires the ability to sit and/or stand at a workbench or workstation [up to 8 hours per day], walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, type and climb throughout the day. Qualified individuals must be able to frequently lift/push/pull/move items weighing over 10 pounds. Occasionally move items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Strong hand-eye coordination, vision and manual dexterity to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects is required; specific hand motions required for this job include typing, lifting, griping and pulling.
- Ability to work in a drug free environment.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 6:50 AM – 2:50 PM, overtime during the week and/or on weekends as needed.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background, drug and health screening prior to start date is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
About the SHI Cryogenics Group and Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc.
SHI Cryogenics Group, an integral part of the Precision Equipment Division of Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd., is a leading worldwide provider of innovative cryogenic and vacuum solutions to the medical, semiconductor, flat panel, general coating and research industries. With offices in Asia, Europe and the United States, it has been producing quality cryogenic equipment for over 50 years. SHI’s renowned engineering departments continue to focus on the latest cryogenic and vacuum technologies, including innovative cryopump and cryocooler designs. Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. (“SCAI”) is the North American Division of the SHI Cryogenics Group, focusing on design, manufacturing, sales and service with its corporate office in Allentown, PA, and additional locations in Illinois, California and Texas.
Benefits of Working for SCAI
- Competitive Salary
- Growing Co with a GREAT culture that genuinely values our employees
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits (well above industry norms)
- Excellent Benefits Package (including 401k with Match, Paid Holidays, Discount Program)
- Excellent Training & Development Benefits
- Unlimited Career Growth Opportunity (great place to learn and grow your career)
Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran/military status.
Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. is a proud sponsor of the Lehigh Valley Section of the Society of Women Engineers – SWE Scholarship Fund.
Search Firms & Recruiters – Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc. is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this position.